Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Happy New Year

Hope everyone had a fun and safe New Year's celebration! We sure did. Aly and I celebrated with a few other army wives and their children.  The kids had so much fun playing together.  They played chase, hide and go seek, fashion show (including the boy), karaoke/dance, and who knows what else.  We all played several rounds of the game Hedbanz.  Pizza and finger foods.  We toasted the New Year's at 6pm to our fellas since it was 12 midnight their time.  It was great.

On the way home, a dog ran out in front of me coming down a major road.  I slammed on brakes to avoid hitting him, not thinking about the 18 wheeler behind me.  The truck driver slammed on brakes, tires skidding, blowing smoke, swerved into the other lane to avoid rear-ending me and praise Jesus missed my car... but hit the dog.  I heard the dog yelp right before he was hit and saw him get slung across the road.  :(  I felt awful!  What a way to start off the new year!!

No comments: