Tuesday, February 19, 2013

What's for supper? Crockpot style

I need to start learning more crockpot recipes since I work all day and get home late, my time is limited... especially with Keith gone.  I decided to try one last night just using some stuff I had (i.e. without a recipe).  I am in no way, shape, or form what you would call a "good cook".  I get by.  So this was a bit risky but I figured why not.  I threw in some boneless skinless chicken thighs, quartered a large onion, peeled and separated 4 really small oranges, salt, poultry seasoning, and chicken stock.  Cooked it on low for 8 hours. Once the chicken was done I removed it (along with the now shredded oranges), and thickened up the juice with a little rue to make it slightly runnier than gravy for my sauce.  I cooked brown rice and put the chicken/oranges on top and covered it with the sauce.  YUM...EEEE! :))

No comments: